Flash drives are small electronic devices that contain flash memory, used for storing data or transferring it to or from a computer to another computer. USB flash drives are also called pen drives, key drives or simply USB drives. A USB flash drive is used for storing files and sometimes also for backup files. It is a convenient and portable device as it can be carried freely anywhere instead of a bulky external HDD. With the invention of this external storage device, ways to transfer data and files from one the computer to another has been changed.
There are plenty of big companies that design these mini storage devices. People prefer using storage devices of Transcend, SanDisk, Kingston, HP, Sony and many more. They are available in the market in different shapes and sizes depending on their storage capacity. These types of storage media may refer to generic flash drive type and special flash drive type. Generic flash drives are of two forms USB flash drive and solid-state flash drive. Specific flash drive type format can be MS (Memory Stick) MMC (Multimedia Card) SM (Smart Media Card) etc.
It is always a better act to carry a flash drive along with you always in order to keep a back up of your entire important task or fond memories. Storing backup in flash drive is preferred more because there is less chance of deletion of your important files than in your Mac OS. If user stores backup in their system on some other volumes or HDD, they might get lost or deleted due to careless human errors and some serious issues. Well, now you can retrieve USB flash drive data and files within a fraction of seconds by the use of this Mac USB flash drive recovery application.
Let us consider a situation that may leave the user scratching their heads, trying to find an ultimate recovery tool. There can be an obstacle when the user tries to take notes from one Mac OS to another Mac series. He may use a USB flash drive for the transferring process. The key point is while he inserts the storage media into his own Mac-based computer, it does not display the external storage drive. The user makes it sure to double-check that the disk has been unmounted before unplugging it every time. He does not see any files on the drive after managing to open it. The reason can be unsupported file type. Yes, the USB drive that the user owns must be Windows – formatted (FAT32, or NTFS) and is not supported in Mac OS. In case your USB drive does not mount, the most genuine reason behind such abnormality is a corrupted storage device. This toolkit becomes the must-have utility as it can also recover corrupted USB flash drive.
Scenarios in which Mac USB drive recovery tool can be useful:
A dead USB drive may lead to severe data loss along with the deletion of some important files too. Let us see some common scenarios that lead to data loss and deletion.
- Human errors: Users may sometimes press the power button of the system suddenly, while transferring files from flash drive to the computer as he gets late for some other important work, thereby thinking to transfer the files again later. The user often remains unaware that this action may delete or sometimes even corrupt the file which the user wants to transfer.
- Cut- Paste Option: Sometimes in order to make some free space in the flash drive, the user may opt to move some of the files to systems HDD or volume. But a blunder mistake takes place, the user selects the cut option and then instead of selecting paste option, he/she ends up selecting the delete option. In the general deletion process, the deleted files are dumped into the Trash so one can easily restore it from Trash. Things are different in this type of issue; the user needs to use a strong and multi-functional program to undelete all deleted files. You no more need to worry about how to retrieve deleted files from a USB drive.
- Improper Handling: Improper handling is when the user plugs in the flash drive into the un-secure System’s USB port. This might corrupt the files inside the flash drive. Even abrupt removal of USB flash drive, while the system is about to shut down, may result in a dead external USB drive which results in severe data loss. This type of issue to restore missing files from a USB drive is no more a nightmare. You are just a click away from the solution. Hit the download button and run this recovery software on your Mac OS.
- Unauthenticated Application: The overuse of unauthenticated third-party tools or exposure of flash drive into an un-secure environment causes deletion and loss of important files and folders.
Some other reasons can be:
- Virus Infection: This is the most common scenario, often systems are affected by virus and becomes un-secure as a result, whenever user plugs in the flash drive into the computer’s USB port, the flash drive gets affected by some anonymous strong viruses that result into file deletion or even corruption and sometimes into missing files. In that case, recovering lost files from a flash drive is easy using the recovery software.
- Conking Batteries: This type of issue is come across when your Macintosh series is low on battery and you do not notice it while transferring files. Your system freezes suddenly resulting in a huge loss.
- Accidental Deletion: Humans are prone to make mistakes. Sometimes the un-awarely deletes an important file by performing Command + Delete operation instead of deleting another file.
An advantageous feature of this Mac USB Flash drive recovery tool:
- The recover files flash drive utility has an extremely fast built-in tool “Find Tool” that helps it to mend all the files deleted are those that went missing under certain circumstances.
- Recover files flash drive app is featured with built-in deep scanning, which makes it a perfect tool to recover even data and media files from lost or formatted hard disk.
- Retrieve deleted files from hard drives (SATA / SCSI / IDE etc.), flash memory cards (SD, XD, MMC, Memory Stick, etc.), USB external drives, FireWire Drives, iPods. Refer to this link: https://uptodrivers.com/accidentally-deleted-pictures/87507/ if you are looking for a way to recover accidentally pictures from your flash drive.
- Recover files flash drive software utility tool is user-friendly and also supports 64 bit Mac OS X (Snow Leopard)
How to use this Mac USB flash drive recovery application?
Step1: Download and install the Mac Flash Drive File Recovery tool in your Mac series. Once the downloading of software gets completed, launch it. After launching the utility you can select the option Recover Files in case your USB drive is corrupted or inaccessible as shown in the below figure.
Step2: As the next window pops up you can select any one of the options from the screen. In order to recover your lost files from USB flash drive, you need to select “Recover Lost Files” button and proceed further. In the next step, you need to select the drive from which you want to recover the lost files.
Step3: Next an advanced module scanning process will display the list of volumes found after a thorough search. All you need to do next is to select the appropriate volume that matches the size of the previous volume.
Step4: Once the scan process is done you preview your data and media files either by Data Type View or File Type View.
Step5: Finally you are done with the recovery process once you click on the Save Recovery Session option.
Necessary measures to be taken care of:
Once you discover certain abnormality within your flash drive, you should unplug the flash drive and stop saving of any files further into the flash drive, or stop transferring files from your flash drive to your Mac system to prevent overwriting. Once a file is overwritten, it gets permanently deleted. Always use a UPS with your computer to avoid power-surge issues and deletion of data. Users should be more careful while performing the cut-paste operation as there is always a chance of deletion.