Has the sound disappeared from your PC? This is quite common. Sometimes the computer crashes or shuts down without warning and when you reboot it the sound is not working.
This might be due to driver corruption. Similar things can take place if you have to reinstall windows. There are a number of reasons for this, but the bottom line is you must fix this with updated Realtek sound card drivers.
Realtek Sound Card Drivers
This is general with Realtek drivers and other sound drivers. One of the biggest issues you may encounter is finding suitable drivers and getting them to work. If you still have the original drivers they may work and you might reflect they have to work but many people learn this is not the case.
There are many reasons they will not work, including the fact you have upgraded windows and when this happens you need to find the latest drivers. Installing the wrong ones can cause windows registry problems and inconsistency with the right drivers when you do find them, making them fail to work too.
Realtek audio drivers free download
Direct link (Latest version 2.82):
- Realtek HD Audio Driver (Vista/7/8/8.1/10) 32-bit (Executable file) (168 MB)
- Realtek HD Audio Driver (Vista/7/8/8.1/10) 64-bit (Executable file) (252 MB)
- Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 Driver (32/64bits) Driver only (Executable file) (412 MB)
- Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 Driver (32/64bits) Driver only (ZIP file) (417 MB)
- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (2k/2k3/XP) (30.5 MB)
Download Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers 2.82 torrent (0.1 MB)
(Old version 2.81):
- Realtek HD Audio Driver (Windows 64/32-bit) (359 Mb)
- Realtek HD Audio Driver (Windows 64-bit only) (160 Mb)
- Realtek HD Audio Driver (Windows 32-bit only) (207 Mb)
- Download from µTorrent (0.1 Mb)
There are two ways to find the exact Realtek drivers for your PC.
Way #1: Manually search for them on the internet and by trial and error try each driver until one works. Doing it this would take several hours and if the driver does not work you have to make sure you remove it totally before trying the next one.
Way #2: Run a free driver scan that will automatically scan your computer hardware and find your missing Realtek sound card drivers. This will also tell you if any of your other drivers can be updated too. This takes a couple of minutes and you can install the right drivers automatically even without knowing a thing about computers.
Don’t Miss out:
Realtek ALC650 and ALC655 Drivers
How to Automatic Realtek Sound Drivers Updates
Need to Update Your Realtek Audio Drivers?
How to Update Realtek Drivers for Windows
Overcoming Audio Issues with Realtek Audio Drivers Updates