If you are using an Android device, you should download and install the ADB driver on your computer to properly connect your device. But, if you are planning to flash the firmware on your device, then the ADB driver will not be of any help. To do that, you will need to download and install an Android CDC Driver on your Windows computer.
In this guide, we have provided an Android CDC driver along with the instructions to install it on your PC or Laptop computer.
How to Install Android CDC Driver On Your Computer
- To get started, download the Android CDC driver and extract it from a folder on your computer.
- Next, launch the “Device Manager” window from the control panel settings.
- Now click on the “Action” tab in the Device Manager. Now a list of options will show up. Choose “Add Legacy Hardware”.
- In the “Welcome to the Add Legacy Hardware” window, click “Next”.
- In the next window, choose the “Advanced” option i.e., install the hardware manually from a list and click “Next”.
- Now, Windows will ask about the type of hardware you are installing. Choose “Show all devices” and click “Next”. Once you have done that, a prompt window will open up. Use it to select the Android CDC Driver folder from Step 1 and click “Ok”.
- The hardware type “Android Gadget VCOM Driver” will show up in the next window. Once you see the message, click “Next” to start the hardware installation process.
- You might get a Windows security prompt asking whether you trust the publisher of the driver software. Now choose the “Install this driver software anyway” option.
- It will take a minute or two for the installation process to get finished and once it does, you will see the “Completing the Add Hardware Wizard“. Click “Finish” to complete the process.
Done. You now have successfully installed the Android CDC driver on your computer, and you can use it for flashing stock or custom ROM firmware on your device. If you need any help with this tutorial, do let us know by leaving a comment below.
Supported Operating Systems 32-bit / 64-bit
Windows 11 (64 bit)/ Windows 10 (32×64 bit)/ Windows 7 (32×64 bit)/ Windows 8.1 (32×64 bit)/ Windows 8 (32×64 bit)/ Windows View/ Windows Panorama (32×64 bit)/ Windows XP (32×64 bit)